Sunday, September 16, 2012

Doctor Who Curtains

Back to the fabric, so I woke up Saturday thinking "piece of cake in making rectangles all weekend! A bed skirt! 2 curtain panels and even maybe a fitted crib sheet!... It will take me a day or 2 at most!" once again I underestimated my ability to do things while pregnant with kids. So, Saturday I cut rectangles, I really though enough but I was mistaken. On Sunday I start seeing the curtains and it takes aaalll day, not cool! But it's done!
I was at first going to do one piece at the bottom but it looked weak, so was going to do 2 but I dont like even numbers so the third had to be included and I really like how it looks, except for the spacing between the 3 of them one if 1 cm bigger... i didnt account for sewing the bottom row, but I was so tired I didnt care, I'll live.
Tomorrow... Something else?
Cutting, ironing and sewing this curtains took FOREVER and I dont use that phrase a lot and Im using it like the teenagers do, it took FOREVER! 

I really wanted it to had tabs but i really try resisting it, just ironing and sewing each one of these 16 pieces took FOREVER 

This picture is more for me to remember how I spent my weekend, sewing and fixing the tension of the threat on the new sewing machine, over and over and over again. Good thing I got it at costco, if this continues it will earn a return! 

The finished product! Doctor Who curtains for the nursery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment